At Northwest Missouri State, “Every student—Every day” isn’t just our slogan, it summarizes our history of caring, adapting and innovating. The following are just a few of the ways we care for students at Northwest and help them succeed:
- Safety: Northwest was ranked #1 Safest University in Missouri (#42 in United States) by SafeWise in April 2020.
- Career Services: Northwest was ranked the Best University in Missouri for getting a job by Zippia.com, and our Career Services Office helps with Internships, Job Fairs, Job Interviews, and On-Campus Employment.
- Attractive Campus: Northwest is also the Missouri State Arboretum. We have trees, flowers, and shrubs all over campus, making it a beautiful place to live and study.
- Small Town: NWMSU is located in Maryville, a town of about 12,000. While close to large cities like Kansas City, Omaha, and Des Moines, our size means people are friendly, it is easy to get around, and it isn’t crowded.
- Laptops and Textbooks: Most universities require you to bring your own computer and purchase your textbooks. At Northwest, we have a Laptop and Textbook rental program, meaning those won’t be extra expenses! You’ll have all the hardware and software needed for ALL your classes.
- Low Cost—High Quality: One year at Northwest costs less than $28,000 USD—for everything! That covers tuition, laptop, books, housing, meals, insurance, orientation, airport pickup, library and technology services, campus activities, fitness center access—and more. And all our class are taught by professors, not graduate students.
- Generous Scholarships: We also offer scholarships to ALL international students who qualify—and you don’t need to fill out a separate application! Our Northwest International Achievement Scholarship is based on your English Proficiency score and saves you about $7000 per year; the Merit Award ranges from $1000-$4000 and is based on your high school marks and your SAT or ACT* score. Scholarships are renewable, and you may receive BOTH scholarships, for a total savings of $11,000 per year.
- *SAT/ACT—required for Merit Scholarship, but not Admission to Northwest.